For all clients of PuddleSplashers, it is very important you are aware and informed of our ongoing Policies and Procedures.
- If your child has a fever of 101 or higher, vomiting, diarrhea or not capable of taking part in the program, you will be called to pick up your child from the centre.
- Staff can not administer non-prescription medication unless accompanied by a doctor's note.
- Prescription drugs will only be administered when a medication form has been filled out completely by the parent and the medication is in its original pharmacy bottle.
- If your child has a communicable disease i.e.: chicken pox, pink eye, etc they need to be removed from daycare for the duration of the disease. You should notify the daycare immediately so we can alert other families.
- If your child is not well enough to go to school they must also stay away from the daycare as our goal is to keep all children in our care as healthy as possible.
The public health department requires notification of any contagious or communicable diseases (i.e measles, pinkeye, chicken pox, etc) that your child or family contracts.
Please do not leave your child in the preschool when he/she has any of the following symptoms
- Runny Nose
- Eye Discharge
- A disease treated with antibiotics: less than 48 hours
- An obvious childhood illness: 7 days
- Chicken pox: until all scabs are dried up
ARRIVALS AND DEPARTURES
- All children registered in our school age care program must arrive at Puddle Splashers prior to 8:10am as we must take attendance and organize the children for school departure.
- On professional days and school vacations, all families are asked to have their children in attendance by 10:00am unless an earlier time is required due to planned activities and/or fieldtrips.
PICKING UP YOUR CHILD
- All parents are asked to sign your child out upon your arrival to pick them up.
- If you are unable to pick up your child and you have an alternate person picking them up please make sure their name is on our registration form and the staff will ask for picture ID to verify their information.
- In the case of a parent arriving to pick up their child and the staff deems that adult unfit to drive (intoxicated) we will ask you to call an alternative driver to pick up your child for their own safety.
Note: Policies and Procedures are subject to change without notice.